Services, Fees, & Availability
Prior to hiring me, I am happy to provide both a free phone consultation and one-hour in-person interview.
As your birth doula, I will provide you with:
- Unlimited phone and email support from the time of hire up to 6 weeks postpartum
- 1-2 prenatal meetings to establish rapport, learn your wishes and expectations, practice coping techniques and comfort measures, develop your birth plan, and discuss any questions or concerns
- 24/7 on call availability beginning at 37 weeks (3 weeks prior to “guess date”)
- Continuous support during your labor and birth, and up to 2 hours after birth (or less if you prefer)
- 1 postpartum visit, within 1 to 2 weeks of the birth, to assist in processing your birth, to support breastfeeding, and to answer baby care questions
- A detailed written birth story, including any photos I am able to take, if desired
During the birth, I will provide:
- A safe and pleasant space for your family to be born
- Assistance in preparing mentally, physically, and emotionally for your birth
- Massage and counter pressure
- Reminders (e.g. hydration, breathing, and relaxation) & recommendations for position changes
- Answers to your questions, updates, and information
- Gentle guidance for your husband/partner to help keep you feeling supported
My current fee is $1,000 and includes any expenses I could incur during the birth, such as child care, gas and parking. I collect half of the fee at the prenatal visit, and the remainder is collected after the birth at the postpartum visit. My fee for a scheduled c-section is $750. We can discuss the fee in more detail during a call or interview.
I am available for new clients beginning with August 2013 due dates. You can see my availability calendar on DoulaMatch.net. If you have a due date outside my available timeframe, I am happy to assist you with finding another doula within my network of fabulous colleagues.